I spent my holidays backpacking across Mexico with my sister from Mexico City all the way to Cancun.
This was by far the best trip I've ever had.
The richness of their culture, the impressive amount of cultural and historical locations to visit, the food (oh my god. THE FOOD), the music, the passion in the way people talked and moved....the people! It was all so breathtaking. I loved it so much, I kind of hated having to come home to dreary cold Montreal (which by the way just had a MAJOR snow storm - think snow above your head).
In the past, the moment I get home from the airport, I unpack and reality settles in. I got home Sunday night. I unpacked yesterday. I'm still living Mexico time. I keep thinking of the beautiful beaches, the lovely people, the magical and unforgettable "night-till-dusks" that will stay with me for a lifetime.
For those who are thinking of visiting Mexico in the near future, beware: It's not as dangerous as everyone says it is!!
I remember a week before I left, everyone in my entourage kept saying "be careful", "don't get kidnapped", "don't talk to strangers", etc. None of those applied. I was cautious at most, I did not get kidnapped and I spoke to a lot of strangers - and look, I'm alive and well.
Obviously, the basic cautiousness in normal life still applies, but it's really not as bad as most people believe it to be. Not once did I feel threatened in that beautiful country.
I just updated my wanderlust list for those who are interested in the exact locations I visited.
I will not rant on about the entire trip, because I could most probably go on till next month. However, I will share a few highlights in the next few blog posts with you all. =)
Cheers back from Montreal! I hope you all had a wonderful and memorable holiday vacation!

No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear from you.