Happy Wednesday everyone!
In conjunction with WWL, I wanted to post a mini inspiration board.
Nails are HOT HOT HOT this season. We're seeing all kinds of trends, effects, colors, textures and new developments in nail polishes.
I was flipping through Flare magazine yesterday in their October 2012 issue, and found AMAZING nail ideas. Here are a few that I picked out.
The "gem" one is AMAZING. At first I thought it was nail jewelry, or fake nails...and then on a second page, they explained how to achieve this look!
Basically, apply a base coat of any color of your choosing and before the polish dries, put a few jump rings on the nail. You can then apply little gems in to the center of the jumprings! I'm definitely going to try this out ...maybe not the whole hand though.
To create the "brocade" look, use #2 below as base, and apply #5 and using a toothpick, swirl around the polish to create a brocade effect. Another option would be to find a piece of lace with a small print. Lay it over your nail and use as template.
"Sequin" look is a basic application of #6. To make this look even more fabulous, you cold add a few gems to a few nails =)
Now, I couldn't find any ready-for-purchase nail solutions for the "Black Swan" look...however, I did come across a really cool nail wrap from Asos. If some of you would like to see how to create the Black Swan look, perhaps I can muster up some kind of DIY video at some point.
- Swarovski flatbacks (prices vary on what you purchase)
- Revlon Color Allure Press On Nails, $7.99
- Asos Nail Rock Printed Nail Wraps, $11.41
- Revlon Colorstay Fall Mood, $4.99
- Revlon Nail Enamel Gold Coin, $4.99
- Revlon Nail Enamel Scandalous, $4.99
Have a lovely Wednesday everyone!


No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear from you.