For the last month or so, I've slacked MAJOR on my exercise routine...now I know the following will seem like the most stereotypical excuse, but I simply had no time.
I won't go into details of my life schedule with you, but the mix of school, full time work, personal goals/projects and volunteer work left me little time to work out.
Nonetheless, I kept up with my pole fitness once a week. It was the strict minimum I could do!
picture taken at Studio409 in montreal
Unfortunately, in my sudden halt to stretching, cardio...fitness in general, my lower back took a real beating. It's been sore, painful and just tight overall for the past month.
As someone who's always loved yoga, and static fitness (think pilates, yoga...), I decided to try out Mandy Ingber, Jennifer Aniston's personal yoga instructor's method. So I purchased her downloadable DVD, Yogalosophy.
Boy, it burned.
I was shaking all over after 20 mins. Her voice really is quite pleasant and she has a great energy to her through her videos. It seems natural, and feels almost like she's in your living room with you. Most of all, she's seems very REAL and down to earth. I enjoyed Ingber's video so much that I'm considering purchasing a few other of her downloadable packages.
I've tried many yoga videos (as well as APPs) and they're all either with a cliché zen music and ridiculously soothing voiceover that is not very motivating to energize yourself (they were borderlining dull) or in the case of APPs it was like a robot talking to me...not the most calming setting.
I woke up this morning with a much more relaxed lower back. It doesn't strain as much as yesterday. I really felt like it was releasing my tensions while I was doing the stretches and workout. (**Disclaimer: This seems kind of obvious, but I'm in NO WAY A PHYSICIAN OF ANY SORT, this is simply my personal experience and opinion).
I'm still waiting to receive my DVD for Ballet Beautiful (Mary Helen Bower's workout DVD. She trained Nathalie Portman for her role in Black Swan). I'll keep you all posted once I get that one ;)
In the meantime, I urge you all to give Mandy Ingber's workouts a try.
Follow my Fitness + Health board on Pinterest for inspiration and aspiration.
Remember to always Eat right, Pray and Meditate to keep calm and Tone your body for strength.
Happy Thursday. =)


Very motivating post. I really miss to do my workout routines but I always find excuses not.
ReplyDeletewww.zadinblog.com