I've always wanted to try myself, but I found it too expensive, and too much hassle to go back every month. So, when I discovered Ardell's Duralash Starter Kit at my local Wal-mart for 10$ (a salon lash extension's initial cost starts at 50$ + 30$ for every reapplication), I snatched it up and decided to try it myself.
Watch how I struggle. Haha. I really cut out about an hour's footage with me struggling oh-so-hard to put these teeny lashes on, for them to stay, for it to not stick onto the tweezer...it was interesting.
However, I must say that I was quite satisfied with the result once I got the hang of it.
So, for the ACTUAL review.
- The kit comes with everything you'll need, so you don't have to worry about not having the proper tools
- The cost is low, so for anyone who wants to try lash extensions without splurging, it's a great deal
- Easy enough to use, it even suggests you to watch their step by step video on Youtube
- You can easily find the product in multiple outlets from your local department store, drugstore or online.
- Comes in 3 lengths of individual lashes, so you can easily customize to your own liking.
- For someone who's not used to applying falsies, it's a little bit of a challenge (spoken from experience!)
- The glue REALLY doesn't come out of the bottle well. I had to probe it with a toothpick to get it out of the glass bottle.
- Although the lashes did last all day, when I removed my makeup with my makeup remover, it removed the lashes at the same time...and there are no further instructions on the actual packaging informing you not to.
- The eyelash remover doesn't work all that well. My own makeup remover worked better!
- The packaging doesn't really give enough instructions for a first time user
- Clearly did not last me WEEKS as claimed

As you can see, I have a little more con than pro to say about this product. Maybe it's because I was so lousy at it the first time. I will give it another go at some point. I would highly suggest this product for maybe a LONG night out or a long weekend ...but I highly doubt that it will actually last weeks as the packaging claims.
Perhaps I'm doing it wrong? If any of you have used this product and can give me a few pointers, I'd love to hear from you. I still have a lot left for a second application.
Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone!



Hey watched your tutorial loved the video.. bought them tonight its been years since I have done this and it was always the glue that lasted a night.. i watched a few other and i gather that if you dont apply them right to your skin but as close as possible that really helps them stay and I think its really dumb that it doesnt say not to use make up remover like normal once applied cuz you absolutely cant I always used a q-tip to remove eye make up and just left any mascara on my lashes and just waited till morning to remove all the smudges on my skin again with a q-tip... i usually apply tons of mascara so not being able to clean them might be an issue but also having false lashes may mean not using as much mascara so I hope that mine last at least a week but thanks for your video it helped me feel more prepared! :D
ReplyDelete