25.7.12

Wednesday Wish List: Summer Faves

As the summer is starting to unwind (fall is coming sooner than you know it!)
I'm really taking advantage of the last summer, warm weekends ...to tan, go to water slides, camping...

Here are some of my favourite things that got me through the summer.



  1. Take care of your skin. It's imperative to not only protect but nourish your skin in the summertime when the sun is at its more aggressive state. To protect me from the sun, I use Neutrogena's HealthySkin Face Lotion, with SPF 15 Multivitamin Facial Treatment With Alpha Hydroxy every morning under my makeup, followed by a thin layer of Vegan Aloe Vera Gel to soothe any irritation, burns or scars. I also use the same Aloe vera gel at night. My all time favourite sunblock has got to be Neutrogena's Ultra-Sheer Dry Touch, SPF 45. Last but not least, every night before going to bed, I moisturize my skin with organic coconut oil. Not only is the smell divine, it keeps my skin elastic and moisturized, which helps keep my tan without any nasty skin flaking! 
  2. Waterproof wide eyes. I like to keep my makeup SUPER simple in the summer time. My all time faves are Maybelline's Expert Eyes Eyeliner that holds up surprisingly well, even without primer. In fact, I use it some times as a base for my shadows to keep them from smudging throughout the day. For Mascara, waterproof is the way to go. Last thing you want is to look like a sweaty racoon. My top pick is also by Maybelline, Volum'Express One by One. It offers the same type of plastic comb as the Cover Girl's and the formula is practically the same, but because the brush is slightly more tapered, it's easier to use than the Cover Girl's. 
  3. Prep your face. For some reason beyond my understanding, my skin is MUCH clearer in the summer. Maybe it's less dry or whatever, but all I need is usually a little bit of concealer and maybe a teeny tiny bit of foundation at certain areas. Tops picks? Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Concealer and Foundation sticks and Lancome's Waterproof Concealer. I generally start with Lancome's concealer for hiding small spots with a brush, and cover the same areas with the Maybelline foundation (also with a brush) to blend into my skin tone nicely. I use the Maybelline Concealer to brighten my eyes. 
  4. Beach ready. What I hate the most when tanning are those annoying tan lines. I love strapless bikinis and I love them even more when they've got a cute nautical stripe pattern! These Ted Baker ones (Top & Bottom) are the next on my wish list ;) 
  5. Perfect sandals are SUPER important. I always have a pair of sandals that I just grab and go for anywhere I go. It should be comfortable to walk in and easy to slip into like these T-Strap sandals by Ancient Greek. 
  6. Cover yourself! When going to the beach, I always make sure that I bring a cover up. Because I usually wear my bikini at home before going to the beach, I don't want the hassle of an actual top and shorts or pants...the easiest is to have some kind of tunic cover up that you can just grab and go without walking around half naked. I absolutely love this Missoni option
Have a lovely rest of summer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you.