6.6.12

Wednesday Wish List: Beauty Within

Ever tried painting on a rough surface?
It's not easy. It's tough to get it to look smooth and even all over.

Before even thinking about looking for the perfect concealer or foundation, start by finding the perfect skincare products for your skin.

As the weather shifts, so does my skincare routine. I've been trying out a few products (sample size please!) that seem to have contributed in making my skin:

  1. smoother
  2. brighter
  3. more even
  4. balanced (read: less breakouts)
Some are products that I've used non-stop for quite a while, some are still in sample-size stages before I can bring myself to splurge on a full-size bottle (talking about you, Genefique + Visionnaire) 

1.

2a.2b.

3.

4. 

5.

6.


2b. Lancome Genefique Youth Activating Concentrate: 0.67oz ($60.00), 1.0oz ($80.00), 1.7oz ($100.00)
3. Dr. Dennis Gross - Extra Strength Alpha Beta Peel, USD$85.00 (Sephora sells sample packs for 15$)
4. Pure Aloe Vera Gel, 8oz/$8.00


I know the prices are steep for most of these products, so before even thinking about splurging, go to your local beauty counter (or Sephora) and ask for a sample of them. Just because it works for me, doesn't necessarily mean that it'll work for you too. 

I have noticed quite a difference once I started using BOTH the Genefique and Visionnaire by Lancome - samples of course. I'll stop using it soon since I'm running low. I also want to test out how long the effect of the product will last once I stop using it to give me a better idea whether it's worth the money or not. 

Also I'm currently sampling the Genefique Cream Serum (2a) since I had tried out the Genefique Activating serum (2b) before...I'm really trying to figure what the difference is and so far, besides the texture and consistency, it feels the same. 

Most of these products require such a small amount when you apply it that most of these products will last you over 6months if you use them sparingly (i.e. I've been using the Kiehl's midnight recovery for almost 4 months now, and I'm only at about half the bottle) 

Have a great wednesday everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you.