1.6.12

Sunshine:: Protect your skin

I've always been an avid believer of preventing + protecting vs. repairing. This rings especially true when it comes to exposure to the sun and it's powerful rays.

I'm lucky enough that my skin tans easily, even with layers and layers of sunscreen. I make it a thing to always buy the highest SPF possible - despite arguments of it being useless - I guess it's a little psychological too.



I'm not saying that I leave the house everyday smelling like a bottle of SPF, but when I know I'll spending extra time in the sun, I suit up - sunblock wise.

So, what spurred on this random lecture about protecting your skin and its delicate barrier?


Premature aging. 

If you all have an extra second or two in your day, please read this article: http://gizmodo.com/5914862/shocking-proof-of-how-the-sun-makes-you-age-prematurely

If I can take an extra step to prevent it, why risk it? 

Without wanting to sound sponsored or ad-like, Neutrogena is by far my favourite brand for lightweight, non to very little smelling sunblock. Here are a few of my faces from their line:
For the face, obviously if you have a foundation/tinted moisturizer/ BBcream that already has sunblock, props to you =)

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and if it's sunny where you're at, make sure to protect your skin! It's a lot more delicate than it seems. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you.