21.6.12

[Belated] Wednesday Wish List: Shift Dresses

As the heat wave rolls along in Montreal, I've found myself eyeing shift dresses in the past few weeks for a few simple reasons:

  • They're easy & simple
  • Generally made very casual and comfortable
  • Roomy fit (read no clinging fabric on a hot summer day)
  • Easily restyled in a thousand different ways 




  1. French Connection Metallic Stripe Shift Dress - 289.98$ 
  2. ASOS Pleat Front Sleeveless Shift Dress - 49.71$
  3. Ted Baker Digital Print Shift Dress - 197.18$
  4. Etro Floral Print Shift Dress - 686.27$
  5. Silence & Noise Silky Harness Shift Dress - 69.00$
  6. Free People Geometric Lace Shift Dress - 140.83$


Considering that shift dresses are essentially really simple clothing constructions (no darts, barely any fitting necessary) I just may make my own some time soon instead of splurging out 50+ $.

I do find the above selection great inspiration to what I can do with a shift dress in terms of prints/patterns and fabric treatments.

I hope you're all having a great belated Wednesday [Thursday]!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you.