So excited!
First DIY of 2012.
Glitter shoes - I realize these would've been more appropriate right before New Years because they scream NYE.
But, never late than never right?
What you'll be needing:
I suggest a pair of shoes that you won't be sad to live without incase of mishaps.
Use glue that is strong enough and that dries clear.
Sequins: make your life easier, buy the one that comes already sewn together into a long strand...you'll kill yourself if you try to stick them onto your shoes one by one...unless you're that patient ;)
Scissors: get good sharp ones that can trim in tight places
Glue the lace fabric onto your shoe. I like to start from the back, and work my way up to the front. So a little glue brushed onto the shoe, place the lace...a little more glue onto the shoe working my up to the front, place the lace. So on and so forth, I didn't trim the fabric until I was 100% sure of the placement. I used approximately 30x30cm of fabric for each shoe.
Using a VERY SMALL and fine needle, which I found easier to maneuver, I stitched on the sequin strand in a very random pattern.
Once you're done with stitching the sequins, dab some glue here and there with the brush, and apply the gems, pearls (won't fall off as much if you stitch them on, but takes longer), and flatback crystals onto the shoe for extra glitz and glamour.
DONE!
I left the heel bare so we can still see the lace. ;)
Happy DIY!




No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear from you.