Happy 2012 everyone!
I hope you all spent a safe and wonderful new years. Hope you all made a great list of resolutions, and will hopefully fulfill some of them.
I know I always give myself some resolutions knowing that I'll probably only be able to do half, if not a quarter of the list. Although I know that for a fact, I also feel like it helps to keep myself motivated at the beginning of the year, especially when the next two months are always the toughest to get through in the year. January and February and the months when you're trying to catch up on your finances because of all the extra spending in December for gifts, and dinners, and decorations, and just the festivities in general. They are also the two months when you feel the most sluggish and you'll be trying REALLY hard to get back into shape because you overindulged yourself over the Holidays.
Well, to kick off the detox, here's a little tea recipe that I absolutely love to drink in the winter season and is a great cleansing tea for your body.
The recipe is BEYOND simple.
You will need:
- Ginger, preferably minced
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon (or more if you really like lemon)
- 1 to 2 tbsp of Honey
- Either a pinch of ground cinnamon or a cinnamon stick.
Put it all in either a tea diffuser or a teapot, whichever you use most often to brew tea and pour in some hot water. Done.
*Tip: if you don't have a teapot or a tea diffuser, use a coffee filter. Works just as well and you won't have to buy special tea bags. ;)
Benefits: ginger is a natural anti-inflammatory and is great for cleansing your colons, honey is known to be an antibacterial liquid, lemon is filled with Vitamin C, great for the cold season for keeping your immune system in check and the cinnamon is a little extra that is great for anti inflammatory properties.
Those are just a few benefits of this tea, but the ginger and cinnamon flavours are great to keep you warm this cold season.
Happy New Year everyone and I wish you all the best.

No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear from you.