To continue where I left off...
If I had to list my top 10 shopping destinations, Vienna would certainly make the cut.
In the downtown area, you can find literally every shop imaginable.
From Chanel, Gucci, Valentino to H&M and Zara...There's a little piece of shopper's heaven.
What I found to be the most interesting was that once all the retail stores closed, many local artisans opened up their own kiosks around the area.
It really was like the best of both worlds. You got the mega-mass-consumer shops, and then the very local, very artisan, and very unique shops to choose from, all in the same place.
![]() |
| Belvedere Castle - now Museum |
![]() |
| Funny sculptures at the shopping district |
![]() |
| Shopping District - on the other side (now shown in picture) you could find all the higher end stores such as Gucci, Chanel, Valentino, YSL, etc. |
![]() |
| All the retail shops closed by then, it became sort of a mini-carnaval |
I will have to conclude that Vienna was much more pleasant than Prague, only because of the people.
One of my favourite things to do when I travel is meet new people, and make new friends. As I mentionned in previous posts, the locals in Prague were very nervous and impatient (maybe I was there at the wrong time of the year?), whereas the locals of Vienna were much more social - plus a lot more of them spoke english, which made it easier for me.
Next stop: Budapest.
Enjoy~





No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear from you.