30.7.11

DIY: Inspired by Celine Clutch Pouch + Wendy from wendyslookbook.com

Happy Saturday everyone!

I usually don't post anything on the weekend - it's my ULTIMATE time-off - but I was just so excited with my - literally - brand new DIY. 

I was inspired MONTHS ago to create my very own clutch pouch after I saw the gorgeous ones from Celine. 
Obviously, this isn't really comparable, but it's as close as I can get for now.

In fact, I was inspired by the look of the Celine clutch pouch, and Wendy's own DIY of her own DIY clutch. Not at all the same look - but after I saw that she made hers herself, it gave me the push to make my own. 

So, tah-dah! Here it is!

 

It's made of 100% PU material with a black satin lining inside. 
I wanted something simple - chic, yet that had a pop of color so it could make a simple outfit stand out.

So I decided to use a very neutral overall color that I could pair with most of my clothes and accessories that I already own and used bright blue zipper to make it all stand out a little more. Plus, I wanted something modern, geometric - which is the explanation behind the blue triangle. I didn't want the straight line like the ones from Celine (which, unlike mine, is not just painted on) - so I painted it slanted to give it a little bit more life. 

This was honestly my very first attempt at making some form of purse/bag - and to be honest, I'm quite satisfied with the result.


Because I'm so satisfied with the result, I just might make a second with the leftover material from this one. Let me know if you'd like to know how to make your own and I'll post step by steps for the next one! =) 

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

6 comments:

  1. WOW! It's absolutely beautiful! Nice work! I love the neutral colorway. It's casual and versatile. I can't wait for you to wear it with your outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. It's sooo adorable :)

    I made a list of Clutch tutorials on my blog <3
    You're in it, hope thats okay :)
    http://crafterlifebyme.blogspot.com/2012/02/lot-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow nice work.. what is the price of this clutch bag??
    Wedding Clutch Bags

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, haha - this is a clutch I made myself many many months ago. The total cost in material was barely 15$ =)

      Delete
  4. wow. YOU GENIUS. STEPS PLEASE?! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for visiting! I'm glad you liked it. I'll keep in mind to do a clutch DIY tutorial soon =)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you.