One more day of hard work before T.G.I.F.!
Because it's the last couple of weeks before the official release of the next Spring2012 collection, work has been piling up my desk for the past few days...and it doesn't seem to be decreasing any time soon.
One thing I really appreciate at work, however, is how casual the the dress code is. In fact, there's no dress code. For all my boss cares, I could show up in PJs and he wouldn't mind - as long as I get my work done.
I picked up this jumper in Budapest back in June - loved how airy it was and how it seemed to be an easy top to pull off. Oh-how-I-was-wrong.
First of all, because it's 100% linen, the fabric isn't extremely soft, so I get turned off everytime I pull it out of my dresser on a hot day, second, it shrank after the first wash (I don't put my sweaters in the dryer)...and last, I should've taken one size smaller, but my sister wanted one too...and there was only two left, and she's smaller than me.
Despite all that, I think this kind of works - probably because I'm wearing shorts so it's kind of loose top/tight bottom proportion, which works.
The heels also help. ;)
Same goes for this chunky cuff I got at the VERY beginning of summer - because it's so chunky, I rarely find myself attracted to wear it. I find it kind of uncomfortable wearing it at work and hearing the metal knock on my desk every 2 seconds....I will most probably take it off and leave it on my desk within the hour.
What I DO love about it is how it adds a really modern twist to any outfit - even this one where it's rather earthy-ish.

Rediscovered my love for "the bun", coral lipstick and colored eyeshadow (although you really can't see it in this picture coz of my glasses frame)
TOP:: Navy blue Vero Moda tank top (wish I had one in nude instead), Mango jumper
BOTTOM:: Twik (Simon's private label brand) chambray shorts
SHOES:: Talbots Conical Heels
BAG:: Calvin Klein crossbody
ACCESSORIES:: Mexx large cuff - Mango Madness nail polish color from E.L.F.
Btw, see my DIY corkboard in the background on my dresser? It's an awesome decoration to add to a room.
Also, forgive me for the bad pictures - my tripod is broken so I'm having trouble taking clear pics with my usual camera. I have to make due with my Iphone for now. boo.
Hope you enjoyed this little OOTD! do you have any pieces in your wardrobe you LOVED when you first purchased it and found that it doesn't really work with your wardrobe - only to rediscover it later on?




I adore your sweater and you lipstick is amazing! =D
ReplyDeletexxx London