However, as much as we're in love with it, for most of us, it's beyond our budget limit.
![]() |
| The Alexa - Mulberry |
I found this alternative (or dupe) a while back, and I find it to be much more reasonable without compromising on quality. I'd love to be able to own an Alexa Mulberry, but with the budget (and salary) that I currently have, it's just not possible. However, I hate compromising quality because I cannot afford the goods.
Dooney&Bourke make beautiful leather purses and handbags. The quality of the leather (or other material) and hardware are great. They feel substantial and smooth.
The Florentine satchel - I LOVE.
LINK!
In fact, I think I even prefer this design over the Alexa Mulberry ...
as much as I'd like to say "I own an Alexa".
This bag was released last season and they have now enlarged their range of sizes for this satchel (Satchel size, small satchel and mini satchel).
I love the tassle detail, the ZIP opening (so much easier and much more convenient) AND the beautiful grass green lining.
Price-wise, I actually find it pretty reasonable. For the largest version, it retails for 378 USD$...which is 1/4 of the price of the Alexa - MUCH more affordable.
LINK! for Dooney&Bourke website
LINK! for Nordstrom
By the way, it's also available in Black.
Obviously, (let's round it up) 400$ for a purse is still quite pricey, so for those who wish you have that "satchel" look, there's a GREAT range of choices on Asos - made of real leather too! I've seen some choices for under 50$ (currently on sale!!). Not to mention Asos offers free shipping worldwide - that's always a plus.
Although they don't all have the "Alexa" look - they're still satchels, and they still have that "school girl" look to them. Here are a few of my top choices:
![]() |
| ASOS Leather Twist Lock Vintage Style Satchel (Reg price: CAD$123.94 - currently on sale for CAD$61.97) LINK! |
![]() |
| ASOS Envelope Front Leather Satchel (Reg price: CAD$88.53 - on sale now for CAD$35.41) LINK! |
What do you guys think? Would you still splurge for the Alexa? Go middle ground for the Florentine - or catch a steal at Asos?






I love all of these! In this economy I think I would go ASOS...
ReplyDeletehttp://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/
Beautiful find! I really like the D&B in Black!
ReplyDeletexx
Erin @ http://www.trufflesnruffles.com/