19.10.10

A perfect line between....

Tokidoki. You may recognize a few of their absolutely characters, such as Onitsuka, the tiger, or Sabochan, a little pink-haired girl in a bunny costume? They also recently did a collaboration with Karl Lagerfield.

Wouldn't you love to have your own mini Karl? I would.


I've usually known this brand to make these super cute toys, and things that I deem "so cute I want to buy it, but completely unnecessary". However,the brand has branched out into the apparel industry, as well as accessories, and now, even makeup.

I've been on a hunt of a new liquid eyeliner ever since I started reusing my M.A.C. liquidlast, and was oddly disappointed. I hadn't used it for a while, maybe a month or two, and when I restarted using it, the formula had become clumpy and thick. Not to mention difficult to apply.

It was my second bottle, so needless to say, I used to be a fan. I used to love it because it WOULD NOT BUDGE. not even overnight.

But I figured, there must be something better out there, and I think I've found it.

For those who like a thick black, clean line like myself, will probably like the felt-tip Tokidoki liquid water-proof liner. I found it at Sephora, under the recommendation of the sales person (whom I'm usually a little skeptical about, because, let's face it...you and I could apply for that job no?).

At first, she showed me the liquid liner from the Sephora line - I wasn't impressed.
Then, I think she had some sort of enlightenment, and showed me this cute packaged pen - my new love.

I tested it in the store, and it seemed quite ok. It wasn't smudging, and it had a nice "wet-look" finish, which I liked, but I wasn't sure about the felt-tip.

Now, I usually love felt-tip liners. I feels that they give more control...but this one...was..weird.
It almost looked like a sharpened highlighter.

Felt Tip of Tokiboki perfecto eyeliner in Sabochan -20$ at Sephora

I decided to give it a chance, after all...there's a 30-day refund right?
So, early this morning, I attempt my new eyes.
Not bad. I must say. Now, I don't have a camera on hand (forgive me), but I can assure you that it looks pretty awesome.

As a first impression, here's the verdict:
- easy application, let yourself get used to it though...
- nice smooth formula
- beautiful black with a very pretty shiny finish, a little bit a of a "wet-look"
- I've had it on for 5 hours now, and it's still quite intact. It's not as perfect as when I first applied it, but still satisfactory
- No flaking, thin layers.


So for now, I'm quite happy with my new purchase, and for 4$ more than my M.A.C. liquidliner, it still fits into my budget quite nicely.

Cheers to easy eye lining~

          Yaya

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you.