4.7.12

Wednesday Wish List: Protect my iPad

Hi everyone!
this year's birthday was especially special because of an incredibly generous present gifted to me by my other half with some aid from some of my closest friends.

I've finally gotten my hands on an iPad. I'm extraordinarily picky about my techs - more so when it comes to protecting them, accessorizing and all that is vain.

Instead of splurging out about 100$ or more on a fancy bag and case, I've decided that I'll draw inspiration (ahem, copy) from existing cases to make my own.

I will most probably still purchase the actual iPad smart case depending on what kind of case I end up making (pink, green or grey?). However, I'd still like to have a bag/case to carry it around in (knowing how clumsy I am!) - and the real reason being I like to look good carrying my new baby.

Here are a few options and ideas in style and details that I've narrowed down (Read my little comments in italics): 




  1. Marc by Marc Jacobs Pink iPad wristlet case, 100$ - I love the two tone leather (not seen in picture) and gives such a lovely simplistic style to the case. I also really like the  little wristlet, however I must say that it must be quite useless considering the weight of an iPad. 
  2. Diane Von Furstenberg Print iPad case, 136$ - In Rachel Zoe's own words "I die" for that little tassle detail! Not to mention the zipper goes along two edges to it seems like I could slip the iPad in and out easily. 
  3. Tory Burch iPad case - Robinson Leather Flip, 195$ - This just seems like such a classy, sophisticated and professional option. I absolutely love the gold Tory Burch charm. 
  4. Marc by Marc Jacobs Shock Red iPad Case, 35$ - I always get the feeling that this material (reminds of scuba gear) is the safest for laptops, tablets and such. I also really like the fact that it's a vertical case which makes it look so slender. 
  5. Marc Jacobs Grey Leather iPad Case, 346$ - I really wanted something practical, and this seems like a lovely option to have a strap so I can carry it around like a purse...and maybe even actually using the case as a purse when I'm not bringing my iPad around. I would most probably make it a detachable strap though. Perhaps I could even add a slim patch pocket on the front or back to slip in a pen or whathaveyou. 
  6. Marc by Marc Jacobs Eazy Tech Tablet Book, 138$ - Last but not least, I really like the INSIDE of this case. It comes with a little slot on the side to slip in some papers or a notepad. However, I don't like the elastic closure. I don't feel like it would be secure enough. 
I swear I didn't pick out a lot of MC's on purpose. They just happen to have details that I really liked. 
What do you guys think? Which details would you absolutely love to have on your iPad case? I'd love to hear your suggestions. 

1 comment:

I would love to hear from you.