I know this is long overdue and that the trend itself has essentially past already, but you know what they say right? Better late than never!
The video itself was actually created about two months ago, I just never got a chance to do the voiceover until now and to be completely honest, I rushed it a little bit. You can see that the resolution is not up to par with what I usually have on my channel - it will be fixed soon (ish)!
To do this DIY, you will need the following:
- Bleach
- Rubber/Plastic Glove
- A plastic container/bucket
- Any clothing you want to ombre, I used a denim shirt. Choose fabrics that are either cotton or linen for this to work properly. Silk or woollen fabrics will be ruined if you bleach them and man-made materials (i.e. polyester, nylon, etc) won't bleach because the colours are embedded into the threads.
The process is actually super simple
- fill your bucket with bleach
- Dip the bottom half of your garment in bleach. Make sure to saturate the fabric thoroughly.
- let it sit in the bleach for 15 mins (if you want to speed up the process, let it sit in the sun. But beware! it might oxidize super fast, and you might end up with some brown spots)
- Dip in a little further your garment and remove from bucket
- Let it sit for about 10 mins or until desired shade appears
- Rinse thoroughly with cold water
- Throw into washing machine, and dry.
voila! It's as simple as that! =)
This is just one technique, there are millions of ways to do this. Also, remember to have fun with it! You can use the same technique to create your own tie-dyes by tying sections of your garment and dipping it into the bleach.
Have fun!

You has a great blog. I'm very interesting to stopping here and leaves you a comment. Good work.
ReplyDeleteLets keep writing and blogging
Nb: Dont forget to leave your comment back for us.
Thanks for visiting! =)
Delete