16.5.12

Wednesday Wish List: Lace Shorts

As summer approaches, an emerging trend that has caught my eye, the LACE SHORTS.
They're a great accent piece to make any outfit simultaneously girl, cute and sexy.

A few seasons ago, they were still considered rather avant-garde and not many people sported them. However, this trend seem to have boomed this season and I've been seeing it absolutely everywhere I go. From the high to low end brands, you can definitely find one that will suit your body, style and budget.

 

My absolute favourite pair has got to be hands down these amazing ones by Peter Som. They're just so darn sexy! Sadly, they're a little much pricier than what I would usually ever pay for. At a whopping 816$, I tried to find something similar for much less....and behold, a similar styled lace shorts for only 60$ - Score! 

Although they have a similar style, the fit and the finishings are quite different. The Peter Som one definitely has a slimmer fit to it, and a beautiful scalloped edge..on the other hand, if you have a straighter figure, the finders keepers can accentuate your hips a bit more, and create some curves for you thanks to the slight A-line shape. 


Staying in the higher priced-range, I absolute ADORE these Valentino shorts (395$). They lean a little more into the crochet trend, but definitely still fit the bill of a lace short. 


The above have a SUPER cute tiered effect which can be absolute adorbs on a slim girl. Unfortunately for me, this fit will probably make my bum look much larger than it is. They're also relatively cheaper (90$ a piece) than the Valentino ones all the while keeping in with the crochet theme. 




So far, my favourite in regards to price and style (let's face it, I'm not going to pay 800+$ for a pair of shorts), Free people (links to black one) has a great choice that I believe will suit most of us gals beautifully. It has the lovely scalloped hem, slight A-Line which flatters most body shapes, AND comes in a multitude of colours to choose from - not to mention it's only 78$. 

Personally, I'd probably get the coral ones. 



Last but most definitely not least, for those who just want to test out the trend at a really low price, Forever 21 has a great one with a classic shorts fit (can't go wrong there) in a nude colour that will match everything in your closet for only 18.90$ - talk about a great bargain. 


I hope you all have an amazing week! Happy hump day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you.