I hope you're all having an absolutely delightful morning! The weekend's just around the corner.
I wanted to tackle a micro trend today: snakeskin.
I've noticed it popping up here and there last fall as an emerging trend, but it seems to be becoming more and more popular for this spring.
I've seen them in a kinds of different colours, patterns, shapes and sizes.
They're on shoes - bags - accessories...you name it, it's on it.
I like snakeskin because it's s subtle yet powerful detail that can enliven a usually dull outfit. It adds the same kind of "spice" as say a leopard print would without overshadowing everything else.
I picked up this pair at a BCBG warehouse sale last spring for a great bargain price of 40$. I especially love the gold detail on the back heel. It makes it stand out a little more from the rest.
Not to mention that Mary-Janes are making a slow, but steady comeback - this is like hacking two trends in one. =)
Snakeskin is a great way to add some texture and interest to your outfits. Unfortunately the pair I'm wearing can longer be found {insert sad face} but here are a few that I've been eyeing.
- Micheal Kors
- All Saints
- Sam Edelman (great for those who just want a hint of it!)
- Zara
Shopbop also has a great selection of snakeskin's from flats and sandals to wedges and booties: Link!
I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday!



No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear from you.