I hope you all had an amazing weekend. =)
Yesterday, I posted a video on youtube on how to clean your makeup brushes. I know it's been done a million times, but it never hurts to put in your 2 cents right?
- Use lukewarm water
- Dishwashing detergent (simply because most are degreasing and anti-bacterial)
- Always rinse your brushes downwards
- Use the same hand motion you would if you were applying makeup with those brushes to lather
- Hang downwards to dry if possible, otherwise lay flat on a paper towel to soak up all the water
- Dry over night
In the video, you'll see that I have a little gadget to hang my brushes dry. It's really the easiest thing to make.
In a nutshell, all you need is 1 really long elastic band about double the width of an ordinary clothing hanger, some thread to sew, a hanger, and 3 strings to tie the elastic band to the hanger.
Now, fold your elastic in half, and stitch various widths vertically to fit different kinds of brushes. If you have larger brushes, space them out wider, if you have a lot of small brushes, stitch them closer to one another...then, using the threads, tie it to the hanger and voila!
I promise I'll make a video explaining how to do it more clearly soon enough. Mine is currently REALLY not aesthetically pleasing, but it works and is functional. Whenever I don't use it, I untie it from the hanger, and fold it into a small ball to put away. Takes up barely any space!
Anyways, I hope you're all going to have a wonderful Monday!
Cheers!



No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear from you.