23.4.12

Dream Wardrobe: minimalist

Happy Monday Everyone!
I hope you all have an amazing weekend. The weather's become an absolute yo-yo ball in Montreal lately. Last week, we had beautiful sunny skies and highs of practically in the 30s (celcius) and this week it dropped drastically. So much that there was snow on the ground when I woke up this morning!

Talk about shifty moods.

Anyways, to continue on my declutter project...I've assembled a small board of what I consider to be my essentials in a minimalist closet. Keep in mind, this is a work in progress and may be changed a few times as I go along...I might remove some that I consider crucial in a wardrobe, and add some in replacement.



You'll see that some items have already been checked off. That's because I already own one that meets the criteria. 

There also a few items that I do own, but I didn't check off because they are items that I purchased on a whim in the past, and that I would change if I could. 

For example, I own a million pairs of jeans...but none of them are really PERFECT. Same goes for the chambray shirt, I have one that I got from H&M a few years back, but the shoulders are a tad too wide for my liking. I never feel perfectly comfortable when I wear them. 

I feel I'm still missing a few key pieces on this grid but so far, it's looking really good. 

I'm also not implying that I'll be purchasing everything here brand new. I few items can be created from things I already own in my own wardrobe, others are current WIP (Camel wool coat)...in no way am I implying that I'll be splurging on a complete new closet. =) 

One of the very important things for me was that almost all items can be worn together somehow so that the future wardrobe that I create for myself will be most effective. 

Are there any things that you would add to this board that I may have missed? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you.