16.3.12

Blue at Stella

Spotted at Stella McCartney's Fall show: Show-stopping blue mascara.

This look kind of comes and goes every other year or so, but never really sticks around too much. There are a few simple reasons...
  1. It's not profitable for mass market cosmetic companies to create them (think CG, Maybelline, etc)
  2. The ones you can find on the market don't have a great formula, and those who do cost an arm and a leg
  3. It's not easily accessible, therefore the mass consumer won't purchase it 
  4. Because most people won't purchase it and are more comfortable with the generic black mascara, it comes full circle, and the companies don't see a point in producing these lovely colours. 



I personally find it absolutely gorgeous for the Spring and Summer time (although this was a Fall collection) especially if paired with a beautiful soft pastel eye makeup.

I can only imagine what the bring colour can do to help enhance your natural eye colour.  


Now, would I wear this look? To be fully honest? Probably not. 
Why since I'm so fascinated by it? Just read above. 

Although it's beautiful and eye-catching, it's really not convenient to find coloured mascara that is of decent quality (and that will hold the curl in my naturally straight lashes). 

So until they come up with something decent, I think I'll hold it off for now. However, I would like to try it in a store or something just see the effect it actually gives to a person's complexion. 


What about you? Would you give this look a go? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you.