29.1.12

OOTD: In the blue...

Hi everyone,

I hope you're all having a great weekend, and taking advantage of Sunday to get ready for the week to come.

Last night was the birthday of one of my very closest friends. I've known her since my early high school years. Every year, her birthday resembles very much so to a miniature wedding reception. No joke. See the mega cupcake in the back?

Not to mention, it's always themed. Nothing extravagant, but enough to make people talk about it. This year's theme was "blue". Luckily, I love electric blue - it's such a wonderful colour that flatters almost any skin tone and is a great way to add some pizzaz to any otherwise dull outfit. Navy on the other hand is harder to work with (but look GREAT on blonds - refer to my friend on the far left hand).

Here's what I wore.


Excuse the black slathered onto my friend's faces...but I'd like to keep their faces concealed for privacy reasons =)

What I wore:
TOP:: Mexx button down shirt
BOTTOM:: Jersey black skirt (so old I don't even think the brand exists anymore)
SHOES:: Zara
CLUTCH:: Banana Republic
WATCH:: Micheal Kors Chocolate Chronograph
JEWELRY:: both earrings and necklace are my own designs. 
MAKEUP:: BH cosmetics 120 palette 3rd Edition, Elf Gel eyeliner, Maybelline's colossal mascara and Everyday minerals Nick Knack powder blush. 


On a completely separate note, I purchased a few nail polishes last week (as mentioned in this post), and I absolutely adore them. 


From the left: Sally Hansen #250 Blue It, Sally Hansen #200 Strobe light, Rimmel #340 Marine Blue and Rimmel #230 Hot Cocoa. 

So far the Rimmel London's are pretty good. They're VERY pigmented and cover your nail easily with just one coat if you're not picky. However, I always like two coats to get a better coverage. 

As to whether they actually last up to 10 days is to be determined. I haven't had a chance to fully test them out yet. 

I hope you all have a fantastic end of Sunday evening, and a great start to your week tomorrow!! 


1 comment:

  1. I love the shoes! I know who to refer to when comes the time to find a tremendous look ^_^ you so hawwwt and I love you style !!Luchi xxx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you.