Hi everyone!
I hope you're having a wonderful Friday morning. Montreal's mother nature is having some odd mood swings lately, our weather is just awful - perfect for the winter blues. Although there isn't much snow here for us to even consider it as "winter".
It's odd to still see patches of grass here and there in Montreal by end January. Usually there are piles of snow already and you can't imagine going outside without your mega winter boots.
Odd to say, but I miss snow. I miss the diamond-dust sheen on the open fields (more like my backyard...)...the pretty frosting that appears on our winter jackets after walking outside...the flushed cheeks and tip of the nose from the cold...
Not sure if it's the lack of snow that's inspired me to dust my nails with a HEAVY coat of glitter...but I walked into our local drugstore here yesterday, and most of the nail polishes were on sale at give or take 50% off. Needless to say, I indulged.
Two of the new polishes I picked up were the Rimmel Lasting finish in #230, Hot cocoa and the Sally Hansen's #200, Strobe light. Using Hot Cocoa as a base color, I applied layer after layer...after layer of glitter on my nails. I must say that I quite like the result.
However, I am a little disappointed with the look of the glitters on my nails versus in the bottle, but it always seems that way when it comes to glitter nail polishes no?
I love layering glitter over regular nail polishes, it adds so much more pizzazz to the look. What do you think?
Have a GREAT weekend everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear from you.