13.1.12

Favorites: Beauty Products of 2011


What were my favorites of 2011?
It's not a thoroughly exciting video, however it does show products that I really do like, and am thoroughly loyal to.

I'm not the type of person who likes to purchase a million different products, and have a collection of beauty supplies that can open an independent drug store. Although that does not mean that I don't like to try new things - I do have a stack of samples laying in a box somewhere under my sink.

Products that I do end up purchasing though, are products I've researched, read reviews on, and purchased at a discount price. Only when I truly like it, will I repurchase it at full price - which has happened in more than one occasions in the products featured in this video.

For those who don't want to lost 12 mins of their lives watching me talk, here's the list (in order of appearance):

*note that all prices are approximate and may vary.

  • Pond's cold cream 
    • Available at any regular drugstore, walmart, target, etc. 
    • 8$
    • It removes absolutely every single last trace of makeup on my face and doesn't clog pores
  • Witch Hazel 
    • Available at any regular drugstore, walmart, target, etc. 
    • 6$ for small bottle, 15$ for big bottle
    • Reduces inflammation and redness without overdrying my skin despite the fact that it does contain alcohol. 
  • The All Natural Face Acne Mud Mask with French Green Clay 
  • Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler 
    • I purhcased it in Sephora, although I can no longer find it listed on their website. Click here for direct purchase from Shu Uemura. 
    • 20+$ - I've heard that the Shiseido's is comparable, if not almost the same for 19$ at Sephora, replacement pads for 6$.
    • Makes beautiful long lasting curls without ever pinching the skin. Downside? no replacement pads. 
  • Twist Bobby Pins 
    • Available at any regular drugstore, walmart, target, etc. 
    • 5$ for set of three
    • Allows me to make a bun within less than 2 mins, and it saves me on bobby pins that don't hold as well due to the thickness of my hair.
  • Effacerne by Lancôme 
    • Sephora or Lancôme beauty counter. 
    • 30$
    • Stays on all day, doesn't smudge. Downside? have to let it dry completely prior to applying any powder products. 
  • Giant sun powder by GOSH 
    • Available at drugstore (Pharmaprix for Canada)
    • 25$
    • Creates the PERFECT glow. The shimmers is beautifully milled to be fine and creates a shimmer, and not glitter. 
  • Everyday Bronzer by Everyday Minerals 
  • Nick Nack blush by Everyday Minerals 
  • Annabelle's single eye shadow in Brown 
    • Pharmaprix drugstores across Canada
    • 5$
    • A good size eyeshadow in a great, VERY useful neutral matt brown shade. Blends smoothly and easily. I've used it in the past to fill my eyebrows, as eyeliner and as plain eyeshadow (perfect for redefining your crease)
  • Maybelline's Colossal waterproof mascara (yellow bottle) 
    • Available at any regular drugstore, walmart, target, etc. 
    • 10$
    • Bristles are stiff which separates lashes wonderfully while giving fullness to the body of your lashes. 
  • Maybelline's Volum'Express One by One waterproof mascara (pink/red bottle) 
    • Available at any regular drugstore, walmart, target, etc. 
    • 10$
    • Comparable to the CoverGirl's Lash Blast, in formulation, but brush is much easier to work with because of it's tapered tip and flexibility.  
One product that I failed to mention is the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate Serum. I had received it as a sample size (which was more than enough to last me for a while month!), and absolutely LOVED it and it would easily replace my nighttime moisturizer permanently if not for (what I consider to be) the steep price of 30ml for 50$ + tx. 

It really made my skin glisten the morning after. no dramatization. no joke. 

But for those who are willing to splurge, it's definitely a product to look into. Most Kiehl's stores will gladly give you a sample to try it out before you decide to purchase a full bottle. 


Happy Friday Everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you.