I'm always on the lookout for a good DIY face mask or beauty regimen.
I truly believe that the simpler the ingredients, the better it is. In my opinion this rule applies to everything. You know what they say right? Less is more.
So, when I was watching one of my true guilty pleasures, Elle Fowler or as some of you may know her as Allthatglitters21 on Youtube, one of her videos caught my eyes.
A little recap on my skin - acne prone, sensitive and combination, yup, the annoying kind.
So, after the video finished, I was totally sucked in by all the benefits she was listing and so on and so forth - that I had to try it. Watch her video for all the details - she does such a great job at explaining everything that I find it redundant for me to repeat after her. =)
What you will need:
- Nutmeg
- Cinnamon
- Honey
- 1 ml measuring spoon
- A small dish to mix
This'll make more than enough for the whole face.
I'll spare you the explanation simply because I think the pictures are pretty much self-explanatory.
Nutmeg
Cinnamon
Honey
This is what it should look like. A thick paste-like consistency that won't slip and slide right off your face.
I like to pat the concoction onto my face and lightly spread it to cover the areas. This will leave a nice thick layer on your face, which you leave on for 10-15 mins.
The combination of cinnamon and nutmeg can be rather strong, so you might feel some tingly sensations- and unless your skin is hyper sensitive, you shouldn't feel any major discomfort.
Rinse it off GENTLY with warm water in circular motion - this will allow some light exfoliation to get rid of any dead skin cells.
So, what do I think about Elle's face mask?
It's ok.
Not my favorite so far. I still prefer my own avocado/olive oil face mask which I find much more soothing.
Like I mentioned previously, I have sensitive skin - so this did cause some slight redness across my face. The swelling of some acne did go down a bit - but definitely not an overnight miracle worker.
All in all, I like it - I don't LOVE it. It is a little harsh, and I think I would much prefer this kind of mask in the summer when my skin is not as dry as in the colder temperatures of fall and winter.
Happy Tuesday! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear from you.