19.10.11

Halloween Costume: Little red riding hood

I truly am a last minute person when it comes to holiday-related things, plus I don't like to spend money on things that I'll most likely use only once.

Which is generally why I don't dress up for Halloween. However, this year, I decided to make the effort, and actually go to a Halloween party in an ACTUAL costume - and not just something I pulled together last second.

To give you an idea at how horrible I am at this, two years ago I decided to go to a party LAST MINUTE, obviously. I had no actual costume, so pulled out a black kimono robe I made in school, slapped on a ridiculous amount of pale concealer all over my face, drew on a thick eyeliner, put some abnormally red lipstick on, pulled my hair into a bun - and went as a impromptu geisha.

I guess I got the motivation (can I call it that?) to dress up this year mainly because my boyfriend gets really excited about stuff like this. He dresses up every year in really ridiculous things - one year he went as a female soccer player. I would not have tapped that.

Anyways, this year, he bought a big bad wolf (from little red riding hood) costume. So, being the supportive girlfriend that I am, I decided I'd go as Little red riding hood.

...now here was my biggest dilemma. I didn't want to splurge 80$ on a cheap quality costume I'd use ONCE. So, I decided to make my own.

Here's the second dilemma - I've only got 10 days before the party. Shoot. So to keep it simple enough for me to make within this time frame - I've designed the following:



*note that the polka dot white is actually polka dotted tulle to add volume to the skirt - the cheapest tulle just happened to have polka dots on them...

I'll post pictures as soon as what I'm making actually starts to look like the sketch. =)

Happy costume-hunting,

Yaya

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you.