A few days ago, I had the urge to play around with glitter - and came up with this little number:
I realize it's awfully festive for the beginning of this season, but I kind of like this hint of glitter. =)
In fact I was inspired by many other makeup gurus who do a gradient "starry night" on their nails with dark navy and black with glitter...although I wanted a more subtle version for everyday.
All done by E.L.F. products and a small sponge =)
I basically did 2 base coats of the light pink (far right), then poured the glitter nail polish on a small napkin/surface, and used a sponge to apply the glitter polish. This enabled me to create a smooth gradient effect. I topped it off with a generic clear top coat to seal the whole thing.
Honestly, the durability of this is pretty darn good - I've had this on my nails for a solid week now, and it's barely chipped. Granted, my fingers haven't been very active this week. This wouldn't have lasted a day if I were to be sewing or making jewelry.
On a completely random note, I thought I'd share with you all the new way I've started to display some of my more every day jewelry...
The tray was purchased at Wal-Mart for under $3.
Thoughts?


I really like your nails, and great idea to have a jewellery tray, it looks good :D
ReplyDelete