8.9.11

Porcelain skin - Egg Mask

Porcelain. Delicate, flawless and smooth, is what I'd love my skin to look like.

Although I've always suffered mild acne issues and I can't begin to dream about truly flawless skin - this mask brings me a little step closer. Plus, it makes my skin feel so smooth afterwards.

Downside? It's kind of gross to think (and smell) that you're putting eggs on your face.

However, I've heard great things about this mask, and I decided that there would be no harm in giving it a try - considering that I'm not allergic to any of the ingredients.

Get ready for a picture-heavy post. 

Here goes:




Step 1. 
You will need 
  • 1/2 tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
  • 1 tbsp of honey
  • 1 egg
  • 2 small bowls
  • 1 whisk
  • 1 spoon (or plastic spatula)

Step2.
Crack the egg open, and separate the yolk from the egg white, each in its individual bowl


Step3.

Whisk away, to get the egg white frothy. This will take a good 5 mins, and give your arm and wrist a good work out.


 The egg white should look something like this - frothy and bubbly, as if you were going to make macaroons or meringue.


Step 4.
In the bowl with the yolk, pour in your Apple Cider Vinegar and honey. It doesn't matter which goes in first. 


Step 5.
Mix the whole with a spoon thoroughly. 


Step 6.
Once mixed well, carefully and slowly pour it into the bowl with the whisked egg whites. The purpose of the egg white is to make the mask HOLD onto your face instead of just sliding off - which is what would happen if you didn't do steps 2 and 3. 



Step 7.
Fold the egg yolk into the frothy egg white GENTLY as to keep the frothy consistency. 
At this point, you're probably thinking to yourself "Why, oh why would I EVER put that onto my face?!" Believe me, it's actually quite worth it. 


The end result should look something like this. 

Make sure your face is clean so remove any makeup residue or oil on your face with your regular cleanser or a face wipe. 

Put on this egg mask directly onto your face with the back of the spoon or a spatula, whichever tool you decided to work with at the beginning. 

Leave it on for 10-15 mins, or until the formula has completely dried. Keep in mind that any mask where you use eggs in will become extremely tight once dried, so you might feel a slight discomfort but the tight sensation will go away once you wash the mask off. 

Once the mask has completely dried, rinse off - WITHOUT RUBBING - with warm water, and pat your face dry. You'll notice an instant difference. 

Smoother skin! 

The only thing is you might want to rinse a second time to get all the odor off your face....and sink. 

For those who absolutely cannot stand eggs, I'd stay clear of this mask despite how great it is. 

Just as background info for you all, eggs have been used for generations as a beauty regimen. It's been used as hair mask too! Eggs have been known to tighten your pores and leave your skin with a smoother surface. 

As for honey, the benefits are endless. I try to integrate it into almost all of my DIY home masks. Click here for more info about all the goodies it has. The link also has a bunch of other home DIY beauty treatments you can do. I've also done an avocado face mask previously where I've used honey as one of the main ingredients.

Finally, the Apple Cider vinegar is great for re-balancing the PH level of your skin. =)

I hope this helps some of you who love doing home DIY beauty remedies as well! 
Good luck!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't done a DIY mask in ages but I remember loving them - going to add this to my future to do list :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you.