9.9.11

Burberry Prorsum Fall 2011 RTW Inspired: PLAID

Burberry Prorsum Fall 2011 RTW Inspired: PLAID

Burberry Prorsum double breasted pea coat
$2,995 - neimanmarcus.com

Old Navy plaid flannel shirt
$25 - oldnavy.gap.com

TOMS vintage style shoes
$54 - toms.com

Jessica Simpson wrap scarve
$40 - nordstrom.com




Although plaid has always reminded me of the lumberjacks and truckers, Burberry has managed to make it CHIC.

It's definitely not a trend that I would want to keep in my wardrobe indefinitely, so I don't consider this to be one of those "classics" or an "investment".

Instead, I'd opt for much more affordable ways to integrate plaid into my own outfits for Fall.
The most obvious is to buy a plaid button-down shirt. =)

Scarves are also a great way to add a hint of the trend without going overboard.

What's cool about plaid, is that because it's usually a mix of colors, you'll already have your color palette to base yourself on for the rest of your outfit!

Good luck!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE plaid - I have so many plaid shirts and flannel button downs!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you.