It smells a little funny - and it's definitely not attractive to look at.
However, I know that in approximately 10 mins, my face will feel fresh, revived, moisturized - and glow a little more than usual.
As a woman - we suffer a little for beauty. Although if I were at a spa, this would be considered slightly more luxurious.
I'm talking about a homemade - DIY - Avocado mask.
Now, there are thousands of recipes out there for avocado masks. Just google it.
I like to keep mine simple though. All these ingredients can be found in most homes (unless you don't like avocados to start with).
So let's just get to the jist of it:
You will need
- 1/4 Ripe avocado
- 2 Tsp of Honey (organic if possible)
- 2 Tsp of Olive Oil (preferably extra virgin)
1. Next step is to crush the avocado in a small bowl with a fork or spoon
Make sure that you crush it into a nice paste - no lumps basically. The smoother the formula, the easier it will be to spread across your face.
Avocados are great for your skin, they contain loads of vitamins, fatty oils and anti oxidants..but I won't bore you with all the details here, if you want more information click here.
2. Once your avocado is nice and creamy, mix in your Olive oil and honey.
Mix all three ingredients in really well until everything is smooth and homogenous.
Olive oil is a great moisturizer that won't clog your pores and is easily absorbed by your skin. So don't worry about breakouts.
Honey has a LONG list of benefits to it, and to spare you all from an essay, click here instead for more info about all the goodies it has. The link also has a bunch of other home DIY beauty treatments you can do.
3. Finally, when it's mixed really well, it should look like this:
In fact I could have mixed it a little better.
Before applying it to your face, lightly exfoliate so that all the goodies can penetrate into your skin properly and more effectively.
For some, the smell of the 3 mixes might turn you off - but if you're able to withstand it, the results are worth it.
You can apply it either directly with your fingertips (make sure they're clean!) or, I like to apply it all over my face with a clean flat brush (think of a large concealer brush) to spread out 2 even layers.
Leave it on for as long as you like, but I generally keep it on until it starts to feel a little dry. You can then rinse it off thoroughly with lukewarm water, followed by cold water to close up your pores. =)
You don't need to wash your face with soap afterwards (unless you absolutely want to). The residue of olive and avocado oils are good for your skin, so no need to wash it off!
Pat dry, and top it off with your favourite moisturizer. I like to finish off with some pure aloe vera gel (you can generally purchase this at your local drugstore) and get a good night of beauty sleep. =)
Pat dry, and top it off with your favourite moisturizer. I like to finish off with some pure aloe vera gel (you can generally purchase this at your local drugstore) and get a good night of beauty sleep. =)
Your skin should feel extremely moisturized from all the good oils, plump and smooth.
Hope you enjoyed this mini tutorial!


Wow! My friend tried this and she said it helped so I'm going to try your style :) Thank you ~
ReplyDeletejust tried it and it is amazing my skin feels INCREDIBLE!
ReplyDeleteOmg! I have desperately been trying to find a natural solution for my breakouts on my face and remove blackheads naturally ! I also use coconut oil for my hair and it does wonders but never tried using it as a moisturizer so will def. try that too. Thanks for the info and best of luck to you and all the readers.
ReplyDeleteamazing it works! :D
ReplyDelete