28.6.11

Prague - I see the sun when it rises, I see the moon when the sun sets.

I've finally gotten around to cleaning out my pictures from my recent trip to Prague-Vienna-Budapest. - I can't help but being so lazy after a trip.

For someone who spent - literally - 20 hours walking around the city, I can sincerely say that ...

Prague is beautiful.

It's actually quite small city if you compare it to many other European cities (i.e. Paris, Vienna...amongst many).

I felt like I was in a doll-city (versus the traditional dollhouse). I love pastel buildings. SO cute.
The only thing I have to say is that, it's kind of difficult to communicate in Prague, mainly because even in tourist areas, not many speak english - besides the tourists themselves obviously. It seems because of this language barrier, the people who work at attractions seemed very....nervous.

Case in point, when I entered a gallery, they had requested that I leave my bag at the coat check, no prob. The only thing is, when I went and reached for my bottle of water ...."NOOOO..nono!! No drink! gallery!" ....Although I completely understand the reasoning behind it, it was such a dramatic "NO!" I felt like I just commited a serious crime.
Even waiters in restaurants are impatient. Oddly enough though, the moment you step out of the "tourist" areas, and into what I like to call "real Prague", people are surprisingly nice.

Isn't it usually the other way around?

Anyways, enough of my rambling, here are the pics. =)


the town square - see what I mean? Dollhouses gallore! ...I really did feel like I shrank about 10x and was put into a toy village. That's how cute it was.

View of the city from the Royal Palace area - Too bad it was kind of cloudy/smogy that day


Me - thouroughly enjoying one of their local foods - basically dough wrapped around a cylinder, baked, and then topped with a lot of sugar and cinnamon. Kind of tastes like Quebec's Queue de Castor.


Prague is truly magnificient by night. It's just ...Wow. It was actually darker by then, but my camera picked up a lot more light than I expected.

Hope you all enjoyed the pics! Look out for the next segment of pics from my trip - next stop Vienna!


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you.