There's a catch though, it costs $5000 and up (and that's an understatement). I've seen Birkins costing up to 20 000$ depending on the material used.
That's beyond my budget. So, I've been scoping around and found via Wendy's Look Book and the Olsen twins, the Marco Tagliaferri Satchel, which retails for approximately $500, depending on where you purchase it. It also has the exact LOOK of the Birkin, unlike many dupes that inspire themselves, and don't keep the same detailing. That was important for me.
Although much better than the birkin, and much more casual look, that I absolutely adore. It's slouchy and seems just easy to throw with any outfit...the price was still a little steep and from the pictures I've seen, the bag seems a touch TOO slouchy for me. I like it when a bag can at least KIND OF hold itself up (obvs there are exceptions to this rule).
Finally, I've found my dream bag though: The Liebeskind Mia. It retails (and is on sale at Nordstrom at 33% off) for approx 350$, seems to have a thicker leather, and from the reviews I 've read, beautiful quality.
See for yourselves:
The Hermes, and original Birkin bag (omg, drool)
The Marco Tagliaferri, popularized by the Olsens:
Last but not least, the Liebeskind Mia in Large (I can't seem to find the medium...not sure if it exists)
Sorry for the poor picture quality, I had to stalk these online.
Enjoy~




I like the last one the best - so glad you got it, please post photographs :) I adore Birkins but agree that there should be some other options out there!
ReplyDeleteHi, I am from Germany and just wanted to let you know that there is a little sister of the 'Liebeskind Mia'. It's called 'Gloria' and I absolutely love it.
ReplyDeleteWhat about the Michael Kors Hamilton tote? It resembles the Birkin as well.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/MICHAEL-Michael-Kors-Hamilton-Large-Tote-Black-Totes/prod138930425/?ecid=NMCIGoogleProductAds&ci_sku=prod138930425skuBLACK&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw={keyword}