I've been, for some unknown reason, extremely tired and groggy lately. I can't seem to keep my eyelids from closing. I feel like I could just curl up in my bed and sleep through the entire day.
Ever felt that way? Usually a good dose of sleep and some exercise can put me back to normal. Not this time. So if anyone has any suggestions, please do. I need to get some energy back into my body.
Onto more happy thoughts now, it's Victoria Day here in Canada on Monday, which means LONG WEEKEND! I just love these. They remind me of Bogos (Buy one get one). You get the extra day during the weekend, and you only have a four day week: win-win.
Although I'm exstatic about the 72 hours of sleeping in, no worries about work, do deadlines...I have a ridiculous amount of things to do before I go on vacation in 2 weeks (yes, I'm going on vacation, it's about time).
Anyways, let's get back to what this post was supposed to be all about. Fall 2011. I know the collections have been released MONTHS ago (don't you feel like collections seem to be releasing earlier and earlier every year?) and that spring has JUST started (although it doesn't feel like it at all) and summer hasn't even come around yet, but I feel like mentioning them anyways because the collections are just all so nice.
It's rare to see so many bright colors for fall. Fall colors are generally very neutral, very toned down and darkened. This season however, I saw some gorgeous brights from Burberry and Miu Miu amongst others.
Everything seems to (re)becoming more stuctured. Gone with the loose and shapeless. Thank goodness. Although loose and shapeless has been the most comfortable trend since the the 90s (remember when people started wearing nighties out?), I'm starting to be fed up of clothes that could still fit you if you gained an extra 20lbs and got pregnant, simultaneously.
Other trends I've noticed include the ongoing trend of military/aviator, plaid, transparency, fur and vinyl (or synthetic materials).
So, so far, here are some examples from what I've considered as some of the leading fashion houses in the past few seasons (I realize that there are others, these just happen to be the ones I've picked for this post):
![]() |
| Burberry Fall 2011 - I usually HATE this plaid, it reminds me of truck drivers and red-necks...but I have to admit that Burberry's pulling it off. |
![]() |
| Burberry Fall 2011 |
![]() |
| Burberry Fall 2011 |
![]() |
| Chanel Fall 2011 |
![]() |
| Chanel Fall 2011 - I love how he's kept the essentials of the Brand, the classics, the trademark styling of Chanel and successfully reinvents it, season after season. |
![]() |
| Louis Vuitton Fall 2011 - Bondage/S&M/Hostess here we come! Odd inspiration, great result! |
![]() |
| Louis Vuitton Fall 2011 |
![]() |
| Louis Vuitton Fall 2011 - Now, I'm not a fan of smokers, but I love that the show finale was Kate Moss strutting down the catwalk with a lit cig. |
Enjoy~
(all pictures are sourced from style.com):









No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear from you.