1.2.11

Spring 2011 - TRENDS

Finally, winter is ALMOST over. The Spring collections are more or less all out, it's sure is refreshing.

After a very muddy, earthy-toned fall, spring's picking up with bright, nearly NEON colors.
One show after another, from Marc Jacobs to Prada, bright colors are EVERYWHERE. Whether as a solid or in stripes (hello nautical!) .

Prada Spring 2011 - This picture really encompasses the three main colors of the season (for me anyways): Emerald Green, Nautical Blue and Bright Orange.

Of all the colors this season, I think bright orange has definitely made its mark. I know, ORANGE? Yes. orange, full of vitamin C, orange.

Not just ANY orange, we're talking ridiculously bright, practically glow-in-the-dark neon orange. Odd as it is, I think I like it. It's not the only color that pops on the runway this season. We're seeing canary yellows, emerald greens, azure turquoise, STUNNING spring colors that make you wish you could toss away your fur trimmed coats and lace-up boots from last season.

However, for the less avant-garde population, there's also the classic nautical navy blue and white. =) It's always a must in ANY wardrobe.

Obviously, the neutrals are always there (let's face it, it's not even a trend anymore, it's just ALWAYS THERE).  A neutral-toned trench coat this year, like any other, is a MUST. So invest in a great one this season, you know it'll be worth your money over the years.

Although Balmain, a head-honcho in the fashion industry, and a leader in trends, showed hardcore punk, studs, safety pins and rips this spring...unfortunately, I think it's a little passé.

Balmain Spring 2011 - Punk trend


I mean, we`ve seen this already, for AT LEAST 2 years in a row. I`m ready to move on, what about you?
However, as always, I'll be looking forward to their collection next season. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you.