I did, along with a billion viewers across the globe.
It was an overall entertaining night. Sad to say that I was slightly disappointed by hosts, Anne Hathaway and James Franco. Don't get me wrong, LOVE James. He's just so gorgeous (although he always looks like he's lacking a solid 24hrs of sleep...).
Anna really did get a little on my nerves with her constant giddiness and pretending-to-be-a-dumb-blond bit.
I did, however, love the short performance she did in her cute tux (maybe I'm slightly biased because Hugh Jackman was indirectly involved...).
Anyhow, this is to recap yesterday's top 10 - in my opinion:
*drumroll please*
10. Amy Adams looks stunning in L'Wren Scott. The dress was jaw-dropping. Her makeup was flawless.
What killed it for me and placed her at #10? ....That darn necklace.
9. As we all know, most Stars' gowns are all either borrowed, or lent to them. No one really wears something they actually purchase (considering a dress can cost up to priceless). Marisa Tomei was probably one of the only ones wearing something she purchased. Reason? It's a vintage couture Charles James. The store she found it in refused to lend it to her, and the only way for her to wear it at the Oscars? Buy it.
8. I know it's a cliche: Red dress, red lips, red carpet. But I just couldn't take my eyes off Sandra Bullock in Vera Wang. Her ensemble looked so effortless. Goes to prove that red is a classic on the red carpet.
7. Cate Blanchett in Givenchy: the dress was definitely an eye-catcher. It really isn't one of my faves, but I had to include it for the simple fact that it was so intricate and different. I always love Cate, as an actress as well as a fashion icon. She always chooses the most different, special pieces
5. This goes without saying, Halle Berry is by far one of the most (drop-dead) gorgeous women on earth. I think I fainted a little when I say her walk down the carpet in this GORGEOUS Marchesa (pronounced Mar-KE-sa).
4. I think I love Mila Kunis's dress so much is slightly biased because of absolutely love the designer, Elie Saab (one of my ultimate faves). However, it is needless to say that this dress is a breath taker. Not because the color is lovely for her complexion, or because all that lace is beautifully feminine....but because of the bust area. The intricately placed lace...is very eye catching, to say the least. Throughout the whole night, I just wished and hoped that she wouldn't suffer from a wardrobe malfunction.
Thankfully, everything stayed in place, and she looked beautiful.

3. I wasn't particularly impressed with Scarlet Johansson's Dolce & Gabbana ensemble. I mean, it was beautiful, the color was great, but I wasn't blown away by it. Until I saw the back. The exposed back with the cut out lace...is just stunning. It really put the gown together for me...and I instantly fell in love with it.
2. I don't think Hilary Swank got the attention she deserved in this gorgeous gradient silver/navy Gucci. She looked absolutely to-die-for. The minimal makeup, hair and accessories was a superb idea. The dress is so garnished on its own that to add anything else would have been overkill.
1. Last but not least, my absolute favourite of the night has got to be hands-down, Gwyneth Paltrow in Calvin Klein. Everything was perfect. From the killer body, simple hair, to the neutral-shimmery makeup, to the sparkling silver/gold MINIMALIST gown, the sexy slit, and oh my God, did you see those earrings?! It was simply perfection.
What were your absolute favorites for the night?








No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear from you.