20.10.10

Pole Dancing: Increase your self-confidence while getting toned


Check out my weekly blog on Pole Dancing =)

Valerie Blain from Studio 409 in Montreal
Pole dancing.
The first thing most people think of is probably a strip club. Little do they know that pole dancing actually originated in the circus. It may not show, but pole dancing demands a lot of work, training and most of all practice.

Pole dancing, or some know it better as pole fitness, works your entire body. Literally from head to toe. It increases your strength and flexibility.

the arrow


I've been pole dancing for a little over a year now, and I can tell you that it's kept me fit. Now, granted, I've always been a decent size, but this really has toned me up, and kept me in good shape.

Pole dancing really has boomed over the last few years, magazines such as Loulou (from Montreal) have featured it, claiming Kate Hudson does Pole dancing to keep fit, the local newspapers have written about it....and theres even discussion about it going into the next Olympics!

It's also a great way to boost your self-confidence. Hey, if you can dance around half naked around a pole with sensuality in front of other people (even though they may be your classmates), what can you NOT do?

Now, some may say that's great, but pole dancing would seem too hard, or not all women can do it...That's entirely false.

Pole dancing has no age, nor gender or size restrictions. You can be 13 to 70 or size 0 to a size 16, whichever, as long as you practice (like anything else for that matter), you can do it!

When I first started, I would've never thought I would be able to flip upside down, and actually HOLD, but now, I can easily do so and do multiple moves.

What's great about pole dancing is that there's always room for innovation. You can always add your own twist to it. One of my classmates is actually a break dancer, and she often integrates that into her own style.

All in all, pole dancing is a great idea if you're like me, and don't like to go to the gym, and really don't have that much time to work out.

Happy Pole dancing!

         Yaya


* I take my classes at Studio409 (www.studio409.ca). The teacher is great, and the atmosphere is always fun! She has various prices, but for a group of 3 to 6, it's 160$ for 7 classes which I find reasonably priced. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you.