30.9.10

Mannequin to try on clothes for you?!?!!!!

I love to shop online. There's no annoying sales person (although I used to be one...) trying to convince you that the ugly shirt looks FAB-U-LOUS on you, there's no crowd on sales days (where a crazy old lady is trying to steal that pretty skirt you just saw!), you get to do it in the comfort of your own home, or bed, or bathtub..or whatever. The goods get shipped to you (although it takes a little while, it feels good when you get it, it's like unpacking a gift!)...therefore, you don't need to lug all those heavy bags all the way back home.

With all these pros....there's one single bad side to this, that turns me off online shopping sometimes, or makes me hesitate to purchase something that looks AMAZING on the shiny screen of my computer...

I can't try it on. At least not right away. I have to get it (within 4-6 weeks on average), try it on...if it doesn't fit I have to repack it, go to the post office and send it back. Some companies are great and include a free return slip, others don't, which means you have to pay an extra couple a bucks to return the stuff you don't want.

BUT BEHOLD! There's now such a thing as a Shape-Shifting Mannequin that will try on the clothes for you?!


Check out the official article:

http://www.geektown.ca/2010/09/new-robot-will-try-on-clothes-for-you-when-shopping-online.html



Yup. Apparently, it will shape-shift to YOUR measurements, and you'll be able to see whether the garment will fit you or not (because we ALL know that a S from one company to another are nothing alike ...an XS at GAP is like a M at Mexx...lol).

Many online store companies have already invested in these mannequins, and apparently their sales have sky-rocketed and returns have decreased. So that's great for both the consumer and the retailers.

However, there is one catch. These mannequins are currently only available for men....**insert sad sound effect here** They are suppose to release the Ladies version within a few months time.

I'd definitely be more confident in buying stuff online now that I can know for sure things will fit me properly...Now the next step is for them to create something that will allow me to feel the material of the goods...


N.E Way,
Happy online shopping!

             Yaya

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you.