26.7.13

Review :: Makeup Forever Aqua Brow

I've tried everything possible when it comes to brow grooming: clear gels, powder, pencil...you name it, I've tried it!

Not that my brows are nonexistent, but they do need some sprucing up on the daily basis to frame my face nicely and I believe I may have finally found my holy grail!




The Makeup Forever's Aqua Brow (color: ASH #25). It retails for CAD$24 on the website, but it's actually at CAD$22 in stores.

What can I say about this little gem? A little goes A VERY LONG WAY.
I first sampled it and a small blob (think much much smaller than pea size) has lasted me for a few months.

What i love most about this is its staying power. Unlike powders or pencil, I don't have to worry about it melting off my face on a hot summer day or accidentally rubbing some off with my fingers.

Once it's dried, it stays put until you remove it

The downside to this product is that it does only come in 3 shades, light blond, blond and ash. However, I do believe that with these 3 shades alone, it matches most skin tones. On the other hand, you can easily layer it for a more subtle or denser look. Want fuller brows? slap on a few extra layers. 

For first time users, you may have to work with a much lighter hand than what you're used to. I remember the first time I tried it ...my brows looked WAY overdone. Practice makes perfect I guess. All I need now is a few soft strokes to fill in some sparse areas, and I'm out the door! I highly suggest getting a small angled brush for precision when using this product. 

This product is great for the person looking for longevity, high value-cost ratio, user friendly, natural looking option. Done right, you can barely tell that my eyebrows are filled in with a cosmetic product. 

Perfect. Just what I was looking for. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you.