Despite the innumerable bottles on my bathroom counter, I really only use 2-3 products. Since last year, I've started to embrace natural products. Not only has my skin cleared up dramatically, improved in texture and simply healthier overall, it's also been far less expensive (my wallet is much happier!)
One of the natural products that I've truly fallen in love with is Coconut oil. I'm sure many of you have seen this on your lotion bottles or cremes, so why not use it in its most raw form?
As a new rule, if I can eat it (within reason), I can put it on my skin! Coconut oil is an edible oil that also act as an amazing cosmetic substitute.
It's a fantastic moisturizer. I cannot explain how much I owe coconut oil for keeping my skin from peeling after my vacations in the south and preserving my tan. The great thing about coconut oil versus other edible oils, such as olive, as a moisturizer is that it's actually quite light. It's absorbed quickly and doesn't linger on the skin for very long.
I use this oil mainly to aid with dry skin. However, it does a great job as a makeup remover (no excessive rubbing!), face cleanser - if you do oil cleanses, hair mask, etc. Not to mention it's great to cook with!
Now, it all really boils down to the price. I generally pay about 20$ for 20oz of coconut oil. Obviously if you do a little research, you can most probably find it for much cheaper elsewhere.
Why don't you give it a go? Let me know what you think!


Coconut oil has been used for centuries to cleanse, protect and heal skin. It is rich in fatty acids that are beneficial for skin, contains many vitamins and protective elements, and is useful for so many hair and body treatments.
ReplyDeleteremove blackheads naturally