11.5.12

Life + Work:: Photoshoot for Sixty Nine Jeans Fall2012

Happy Friday everyone!!

The photoshoot for the Fall 2012 collection for the brand I design for was yesterday. We had an amazing model, Olivia Ambar, a talented and skilled Makeup Artist, Diem-My Nguyen, a very friendly photographer, Roberto Santana, and yours truly as stylist, creative director and on this rare occasion, the hair stylist as well.

I absolutely love this part of my job - creating a concept for the photoshoot and contacting everyone that is involved in the production. I'm lucky enough to be in a small enough company that allows me to do a little bit of everything. It's not every day that the designer can coordinate the photoshoot as well as style it herself.

It's weeks of work, to make sure everyone's schedule fits, to find the right people to work. The most complex decision is always to find the right model. Fortunately for us, Olivia was a delight to work with!

Past photoshoots have lasted well over 12 hours of work non-stop, but yesterday went so smoothly that we finished at a quite reasonable time!

Here are a few backstage pics for you to check out ;)






Photoshoots require a lot of focus and concentration - the smallest detail can make a huge difference. Plus, it's always easier to fix what you can before taking the picture than to photoshop the error later on. 



I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, I'll definitely need it to recuperate after the long day yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you.