16.2.12

Dead end...

Source


I think I've hit some kind of dead end...cul-de-sac...plateau...in my life. Have any of you ever felt like that?

When I graduated fashion school, I was SO sure of what I was going to do...two years into the industry at a very stable job...I feel like I've hit a dead end. I feel like theres no advancement, no challenge per say, but I'm so darned comfortable where I am, that I fear that if I do anything, I might lose this. Stupid huh?

I'm the type of person who craves stability but dreams of the uncertain and unexpected. It's the worst scenario possible. To top it off, I'm probably the most indecisive person you'll ever meet, if that ever happens.

How do I explain this? It's like I have way too many options to be able to make a firm decision, therefore I've hit a very open-ended dead end. Does that make sense?
Let me paint a clearer picture for you, imagine walking down a road...a very straight road, without a map (or gps or smartphone or tablet) and then suddenly, after having walked sturdily for a very long time, the road splits into a million different routes. You have no idea which route goes where, and there are no firm indications.

Shit. Which route do you take? They all seem to eventually lead to a delightful and pleasant walk, but which one will be the best? Hard to tell.

Somehow, I've got it drilled into my head that I should go back to school, reeducate myself - get a bachelors or some kind of degree that says that I'm smart on a piece of paper.

When you're indecisive like me, you always seem to see both sides of the story. Yes it's great to be able to do that in a social context, but personally? I could live without being so goddamn indecisive.

This situation stresses me out like theres no tomorrow - I can hardly DECIDE on what I want to do next. I just know that I have to do SOMETHING.

Odd to throw this out there into the world wide web towards a ridiculous amount of strangers who can read this, but anyone got some good advice to see the light at the end of this tunnel?

Source


1 comment:

  1. Yaya I'm sorry to hear your going through tough challenges in your life, but your 20's are a tough time that help you determine what your going to be doing, which is very stressful. I know the feeling I am the same right now, if I should go to school for photography or not, same battle. So lets just see where life will take us :D Cheer up

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you.