14.12.11

Next painting project...Ms.Monroe

The reason I had named this blog Atelier 630 was because I mainly wanted it to be a brainstorming place for me for any kind of crafty/artsty/DIY topics.

Kind of like an online notebook/sketchbook - a place to keep my ideas (sort of) organized.

I've never been a HUGE Ms. Monroe fan, however, I've always admired her, and found her unbelievably sexy sensual. That slight tilt of her head backwards, hazy eyes and bright red plump lips make her seem VERY desirable.

Still, I was never obsessed with her as much as many other have been in the past and present.
However, when I saw the following painting - oh. my. goodness.

My jaws dropped. Stunning.

It reminded me a little of Andy Warhol - but not entirely. I can't really pinpoint it, but I just love it.
Now, I generally REALLY don't like reproducing paintings, it's not really my cup of tea, but if I want this painting hanging above my fireplace at home and don't want to shell out a lump sum of $ that I don't have before the end of the year, guess I'll have to be a little bit of a hypocrite and turn my back on that specific value of mine - I know..horror.


I'm thinking painting done fully with a mixing knife - so that the painting will have a nice THICK texture to it, something to contrast from the smooth, soft, seductive ideal of Ms. Monroe.

Any thoughts?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you.