13.12.11

Holiday Outfits - Inspiration Board

I've been a very bad girl.
I haven't posted anything on this blog for the past 2 weeks.

It's just been so hectic around lately. Let me explain, we're running into tight deadlines at work because of Chinese New Year (all our manufacturers in China close around the end of December for the occasion - lucky bums, they get practically a whole month off), the office will also be closed for 2 weeks (yay for me), and the holidays are coming up - so gift shopping is a must...although the malls are so packed (even on Monday evenings!) that it feels like you just ran a marathon after spending an hour in there!

Not to mention, that I decided to host NYE part at my place this year, so I'll trying to organize the whole event ...and I keep thinking it's really far away, but in fact, it's in a few weeks.

Despite all the hectic-ness (if that's even a word), I love the holiday season. It's a nice kind of stress, the kind that you appreciate, but thank God that it only happens once a year.

For me, the celebrations will start this weekend with the first Holiday party of the year.

Now, I'm going to say something that will make most of you roll your eyes.....

*drumroll please*

"I have nothing to wear"

(we all know that's not entirely true)

So, I've decided that in the next few days, I shall whip myself up a little dress for the occasion. I've compiled a nice little inspiration board to help guide myself in what kind of dress I want to make - of course, I'll show you all the final product when the time comes.




  • Notice the extra glitter and twinkle a little everywhere? 
  • I'm thinking VERY simple dress - plunging front neckline, or very open back....NEVER both.
  • Bare accessories - I'm thinking even close to none except VERY shiny earrings. 
  • Nude nails (maybe with a thin layer of glitter)
  • Either beautiful Velour mary jane heels (I've got my eyes on a pair at Banana Republic - I assure you, they look much better in real life...thoughts?) or a DIY pair of glittery feet jewelry.
  • ...and most definitely an updo...I'm thinking something slightly whimsical, thus the braids to make the outfit feel a little more casual - a little more accessible. 
  • Makeup? definitely dark smoldering sexy smoking eyes - kind of sitting on the fence to add glitter or not. 


Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you.