19.12.11

...and so the Holidays begin...

Following this post where I told you all that I was going to make my very own dress this year for the holidays, I finally convinced myself to do it. 

Here's what the final looks like - I'll update with better pictures later today when I'll have access to all my files...
So, I used some leftover fabric that I had purchased a LONG time ago. It's a comfortable knit, which means, very forgiving when it comes to fit mistakes while I sew up this little number at 1 in the morning, with lots of little sparkles ALL over the dress.

In my humble opinion, the dress looked like a starry night from afar. 

Here's the front: 

Note: Ignore the chunky gold necklace - I decided not to wear it at the end. 


and the back: 

The gown itself goes all the way down to the floor, and lands perfectly about 1" above the floor when it's worn with heels.


I ended up styling it with VERY minimal accessories. Simple crystal drop earrings, also DIY, a glittery belt from another dress and a dusty rose rosette clutch from H&M. 

Happy Monday everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I love this dress! I wish I could make clothes too!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell me how you made this. This is exactly what I had in mind for a black tie wedding I'm going to. But I can't find anything like it in stores. Hopefully, you'll see this in time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lena!
      This dress was really simple to make actually! It was really all in the fabrics. :)
      If you do a little sewing it'll be a cinch to make!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you.