As many of you know, this trend has been going on for MANY many years already. I'm sure you've seen this look on various celebrities, such as Anna Hathaway and Justin Timberlake, just to name a few.
It just looks a little overwhelming on the visage, and I didn't want to splurge on a pair of glasses that are "trendy" and would not look good in a few months or something. Plus, I had my Yves St-Laurent glasses that I absolutely loved, and spent a small fortune on...there were just too many reasons (or excuses, however you'd like to see it) to not follow this trend.
Luckily for me, over the (Canadian) Thanksgiving weekend, Clearlycontacts (canadian version of Coastal contacts) had a HUGE sale, where most frames were marked down to 38$.
OMG. I HAD TO BUY A PAIR.
The ones I was aiming for were the Ray-Ban's - picture below.
However, by the time I got a copy of my prescription to be able to make my order, they were sold out. So, I settled for a dupe. =)
Clearly Contacts is a great website for ordering glasses and contacts, where you can often get them at a cheaper price. Plus, shipping cost is low (at 10$) and if you purchase for over 100$, it's free. I got my order within a week or purchase.
The great thing about this website is that it has a 365 days return policy, if you're not 100% satisfied within the year, feel free to return them. I've purchased a pair of Vera Wang's in the past (see post here), and I didn't like the way it sat on my face, and returned it with no hassle. They even take care of the return shipping fee.
![]() |
| BEFORE (from this OOTD post) |
![]() |
| AFTER |
They're by Derek Cardigan, in Tortoise. When I first got them, I was a little skeptical. I REALLY wasn't used to them, but I think I'm getting fonder and fonder of them as the days go by.
What do you all think? Would you try and pull off the "nerd" look?





I like them! They look good on you
ReplyDelete