Everyone has something about them that they wish they could change - or improve.
I tend to get inspired left, right and center. I get a lot of ideas from pictures I gather a little here and there. Not vague, irrelevant, implausible ideas. I'm talking about concrete things that I can ACTUALLY MAKE - not just that, but in my head, I kind of go through the steps of how I would actually go about making it - and it's totally doable.

But I never do - like this beautiful braided scarf. I found the picture of it MONTHS ago - and vowed to myself I'd make it before Fall. Behold, it's now mid-fall, and I still have no braided scarf.
Mainly because I'd rather lay around and be what we Asians call "lan zhou" - or lazy pig.
I'd rather cuddle up in my bed with a good book, or with a bowl of pop corn to watch all ten seasons of Friends over and over again.
That's what I'd like to change.
That's what I'd like to change.
It really pisses me off actually, because it's not like I dream of implausible things like being able to teleport, and own a panda AND an African Elephant (although that is one of my dreams - if the world I lived in was filled with fairys and goblins).
I guess you could explain this by saying that I'm a BIG procrastinator - and you'd be right, only to some extent though. Let me explain.
When it comes to work, academic of professional, I'm oddly non-procrastinative (if that's a word). Maybe because I know that it's not for myself, but for someone else, and I hate to disappoint.
What are some things you KNOW you can do, but just don't?

No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear from you.