23.9.11

NYC - just a little spoiled.

** WARNING: This post is nothing more than me bragging about my wonderful boyfriend and how spoiled I am by him. It doesn't get any deeper than that. Cheers. **


As mentioned in my previous post, I had a BLAST in NYC.
Now, most of you will think that I shopped till I dropped - and overspent on my budget...etc.

But no.

In fact, I did very little shopping (in comparison to my usual NYC shopping sprees). I only purchased three items.

Pats self on back - good job Yaya.


 This trip to New York, was a belated birthday gift from my boyfriend. He brought me to see a couture fashion show held at the Waldorf Astoria. It was no Chanel fashion show, but it was very inspiring.






All the pieces were, to say the least, extravagant. However, they were quite inspirational, and gave me some ideas for simple every day pieces.

Later on in the evening, he took me to no other than the Gordon Ramsay - The London. It was out of this world.

The food was divine.
The wine was perfect.
and the ambiance was extraordinarily intimate.

 


Unfortunately, I don't have a clear picture of what I was wearing that night - although I should have.
I wore a little mod-fitted lace dress with a short black skirt (because the dress is actually a tunic, and wouldn't cover my ass) with a cropped motto jacket. All black.

Maybe I'll dress up again so you can all have a better idea....


The waiters were so kind at the restaurant, knowing it was my birthday, they brought me a mini plate written Happy Birthday with what I can assume to be "home made" ice cream - and each and everyone of our bus boys, waiters and hosts came to wish me a happy birthday individually. 

If you ever have the chance - and the budget - to dine at the London, I highly recommend it.
The ambiance is very intimate - maximum of 48 people in the room I believe - the waiters are very helpful and kind, and the food is indescribable.

Oh, and to top it off - the cherry on the icing on the cake - we had our own limousine escorting us from one destination to another all night.

Thank you so much for reading this little ramble/brag post of mine. =)
I promise the next post will be fashion related again.

Cheers~

3 comments:

  1. Lucky girl!!! The fashion show looked awesome!!!

    http://modernworkinggirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds awesome, what a great boyfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the shoot in Nuns Island!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you.