(This is a repost from my old blog which I'm no longer updating. I'm working my way to slowly transfer posts that might interest some of you here on Atelier 630.)
As some of you may recall, a while back I had taken a 3 weeks hiatus. The reason for was: my cousin got married. On my father's side, she is the eldest of the family and the first to break the ice.
The wedding was held on the groom's family's private estate in Scotland. It was simply beautiful.
As her wedding gift, I had the privilege to make my cousin, her very own, custom made, designed JUST-FOR-HER, wedding dress.
It was rather difficult, considering that she lives in Switzerland, and I am in Canada. Someone else had to take her measurements, she had to e-mail me what she liked, I had to e-mail her back the sketches I've done, she had to reply for feedback, I had to take pictures of fabrics (which doesn't say much about the fabrics at all...) and she had to choose the fabrics..and so on and so forth.
It was a once in a lifetime experience for me. Not necessarily to design and make a dress from scratch, but to do it when the person isn't even with me.
It was no surprise then, when I landed in Switzerland and she had tried on the dress for the very first time (a week before the wedding! Imagine how worried I was that the dress wouldn't fit!)...and it was too big. Thank God. I was so worried that it would be too small.
So the night of, I unstitched the whole back, cut the excess and resew the entire back....by hand...
Needless to say, that I was beyond happy when I saw walk down the isle, in the dress that I made, by hand, from scratch.
...and yes, the groom wore a kilt. =)
and I truly wish her, from the bottom of my heart...
a Happily ever after. =)






wow thats amazing, great job!
ReplyDelete