When we go shopping the first thing that generally catches our eye is the color of the item, then the shape, style, details - and price is there depending on everyone personal budget.
A better explanation or example of this - imagine someone is walking towards you in a crowd of people. The first thing you'll notice is the color, then the shape, and finally the details that make one style different from another.
With that said, color is therefore primordial to any wardrobe and anyone's choices when shopping.
Here are a few of my personal tips regarding COLOR when shopping:
- If you're looking to buying a piece to complete a certain outfit you already have at home, bring that piece with you. For example, I had this pair of navy blue satin harem pants at home, and the only way for me to match those pants in the same hue, but of a lighter shade...I HAD to bring them with me. The variation in navy alone is overwhelming - some navy are a little more tinted purple, others VERY dark, practically black, and some are pure blue.
- Before going shopping, take a good look at your closet...not piece by piece. Just look at the OVERALL of your closet, and register - in your mind - which colors are most prominent in your wardrobe (mine are black, beige, off-white, pink and blue...I stick to rather conservative colors). This way, when you're shopping you'll know what you have, and what colors you'll need to garnish your wardrobe a little more.
- KNOW YOUR SKIN TONE. This is so important! For those who love to shop online (like myself), knowing your skin tone and understanding the colors that go well with you is so important! For example, my skin tone is olive - which means that I have a warm complexion...so highly saturated colors generally look better on me (I look dead wearing cool pastel colors like lavender and light blue).
Enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear from you.